There comes a time in life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama & the people who create it, and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus solely on the good. After all, life is too short to be anything but happy.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chapter One: A Phone Call

There's a difference between getting a normal call from you Grandfather saying, " Hi Dear, How are you? How's school? Blah Blah Blah." and one saying, "Kairie, you need to get you and your family out of the house right now!" Knowing my luck, I did not get the nice, happy, warm greeting phone call.

"Bentley, Trina!!" I yell at the top of my lungs. Trina comes running down the stairs engrossed in her phone texting, and stumbles on her own two feet being the non-multi tasker she is. Bentley doesn't hear me. He's doing the caht thinkg they have fo the Xbox 360's, and is concentrating hard on killing these mutant things. A nine year old should not be playing these games... that probably explains what's wrong with that boy.

I pull the cord for the Xbox out of the outlet. Bentley's eyes are still staring at the screen wondering what just happened.

"Kairie, did you call me down here for a reason, or 'cause you wanted to see me fall on my own two feet?"

"No, Grandpa said we need to hurry up and get out of the house. I don't know why, but I do know that we need to listen and respect what our Grandpa says." I say feeling like a Grown Up with the wise choice of words I used.

"Kairie... You know Grandpa is insane! Mom and Dad were thinking about putting him in a Mental Institute!" says Bentley.

"I don't care what they think, I think it's a good idea to listen to Grandpa. He probably knows more then all of us put together do!" I yell, once again using the top of my lungs.

I finally get Bentley and Trina outside. We were out there for about five minutes, when the sky turns completely gray, and it starts pouring rain. Lightning and thunder are surrounding us. Just when we were all running inside out of the rain, We ran up the front steps, and looked up. Our house that was just there a few minutes ago.... was gone.

2 comments: