There comes a time in life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama & the people who create it, and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus solely on the good. After all, life is too short to be anything but happy.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Chapter Two: A cry for Help

Seven times I called my parents... not one single call was answered. Seven times I left a voice mail... not one call was returned. This day had started out so great, I applied for a new job at our local cafe, I didn't get in one single fight with my mom or Trina. Now the day was ending with me comforting Trina, and Bentley mumbling to himself.

We slept on the side of the street tonight. I never thought I'd say that. People on the street walk by, and Bentley, Trina, and I cry for help, but the people don't even look at us let alone notice us. However, whenever we switch positions or talk an animal that passes by will always notice us. It's almost as if we're invisible to man-kind.

"I didn't think today would be the day I was gonna die. In fact I woke up this morning feeling great." mumbled Bentley.

"Bentley, you are far from dying." I say trying to cheer him up.

" Ya know, I read a book like this once. Everybody ended up dying in the end... terrible ending."

"Trina! I mean really? Not a good time!"

At this point I'm tired of Bentley's whining, and mumbling, and Trina... well... just being Trina. A squirrel climbs up the tree we have in our back yard. I decide to follow it up the tree. A squirrel will give us good protien, and give me excercise from chasing it! Just as I'm about to grab it's tail, It turns around.

"Did you ask first?" It says.

I just stare at it and rub my eyes... wondering if this is a dream or if it's real.

"Didn't your mom and dad teach you it's polite to answer when someone asks you a question?"

Yup, It's real. I turn around to see if Bentley and Trina notice this too. Bentley is still mumbling to himself, but this time he is standing up and exploring the area where our house used to be, and Trina is yet again focused on her phone. She has one of those new phones where you can get internet where ever you have service.

"Yest, but" I answer

"But what? Hhmm let me guess, You've never seen a talking squirrel before?"

"Sorry, but No." I answer trying hard not to laugh.

"Now, now dear no need to worry. I am not really a squirrel you see?

The what-I-though-was-a-squirrel thing starts turning different colors. Blue, Red, Gree, Pink, Purple, Orange, then goes back to Green and stops. His eyes close and suddenly everything goes dark. I feel around, from what I can tell I am in a dark, dark cell.

No comments:

Post a Comment